Whether through exhibition and facilities design, guest services and amenities, or our wide array of educational offerings, GFS is committed to ensuring that our collections, exhibitions, and programs are accessible to people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
ECV AND WHEELCHAIR RENTALS
Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) and wheelchairs are available to rent from the Welcome Center on a first come, first serve basis. *Please Note: There is limited availability of ECVs and wheelchairs.
ECV (scooter): $25 for the first 4 hours, $10 for each additional hour
Wheelchairs: $15 all day rental
Other Important Information
- Rentals are due back to the Welcome Center 30 minutes before closing, so please plan your trip accordingly.
- A staff member will train the guest operating the wheelchair or ECV, and a release form must be signed before departing the Welcome Center.
- Valid driver’s license or state identification card will be collected and is required to rent a wheelchair or ECV.
- Grounds For Sculpture reserves the right to suspend ECV and wheelchair rentals due to inclement weather.
personal care aides
Personal care aides for visitors with disabilities are admitted free of charge. Visitors can call (609) 586-0616 to speak with a Guest Services staff member or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to request complimentary tickets for an accompanying personal care aide.
ACCESS MOBILE TOURS
Access Mobiles are ADA rated vehicles that can accommodate a maximum of five people or four people and a wheelchair. 45-minute tours of the grounds are available to visitors with limited mobility. Advance reservations are highly recommended.
Please note: Guests with advanced reservations are encouraged to purchase a timed ticket that is a half hour before their tour and to be in the Welcome Center at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tour start time.
Touch tours are available for groups with individuals who are blind or have visual impairments. These docent-led experiences engage participants with a variety of outdoor sculptures that can be explored tactilely. For more information or to arrange a Touch Tour, please contact us by email or phone at (609) 249-0200.
ADDITIONAL AMENITIES INCLUDE
- Accessible parking spaces located in main parking lots.
- Induction loop at Welcome Center desk
- Assistive Listening Devices for guests participating in docent tours and education programs.
- ASL tours available for public and education programs, with at least two weeks notice.
- Two private gender-neutral restrooms in the Seward Johnson Center for the Arts, available to visitors who may require an aide’s assistance or benefit from a separate nursing station.
- Large-print introductory panels in all indoor exhibitions.
- Accessible pathways indicated on the map (gfsmap.org).
Grounds For Sculpture, Inc. (GFS) is fully committed to ensuring that accessibility guidelines and requirements as set forth by the federal government and state of New Jersey are implemented in as timely and efficient a manner as possible.
GFS has been consistently responsive to making the arts accessible for all people with disabilities and will continue to strive to provide the utmost accessible experience possible. Through GFS programming, design, and service, we continue to reach out to and provide assistance and appropriate accommodation.
GFS trains its staff and volunteers in order to encourage superior and effective communication and the practice of effective and sensitive techniques to serve members of the community with disabilities. GFS is also committed to exercising best practice and outreach in regards to employing persons with disabilities, both in artistic and administrative/operational areas.
GFS regularly reviews its policies and procedures to adapt, accommodate and address any issues or problems that might arise in regard to ADA compliance and will regularly assess its progress in achieving full compliance.