Teaching Artist Inquiry/Proposal
Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre sculpture garden, museum and arboretum with major exhibition, education, performance, restaurant and visitor amenities that make contemporary art accessible by showcasing it in beautiful settings that encourage discovery and learning. Its arboretum has more than 200 cultivars of trees, thousands of flowering shrubs, and settings grand and intimate, all to spotlight art and engage the visitor. GFS’ performing arts events, educational programs, and family activities invite people to approach and interact with art on their terms, growing in knowledge, understanding, and joy. Last year Grounds For Sculpture attracted over 250,000 visitors.
Grounds For Sculpture is looking for Teaching Artists to collaborate with our Education and Engagement Department to create and implement new programming in the areas of Horticulture, Wellness, and Family Programs, and Adult Studio Workshops.
Teaching Artist Qualifications
- Teaching Artist with an established practice or skillset in the area of interest
- Has previous experience teaching reflective and engaging programming to audience of focus
- Enjoys collaborating to create and implement programming
- Provides thoughtful and clear feedback to participants
- Balances technical instruction with focus on self-expression and open-ended exploration
- Demonstrates flexibility, kindness and respect in collaborating with staff, volunteers, and students