There are many tax-effective ways to make a gift to Grounds For Sculpture. If you’re 70½ or older, you may want to consider an IRA charitable rollover, which could lower the income taxes from your required annual IRA withdrawals.
Recap of Charitable IRA Rollover Rules
- Donor must be at least 70 ½ years of age when the gift is made
- Transfer must be made directly from the IRA administrator to a qualified charity (like Grounds For Sculpture)
- The maximum allowed gift per individual is $100,000 per year
- Must be outright gifts
- This gift opportunity only applies to IRAs
- The charitable IRA distribution can be used to pay a pledge
Benefits of Charitable IRA Rollover
- May make a significant gift without using cash or other assets
- The rollover amount is a tax-exempt distribution and not subject to income tax
- IRA rollover can be used to meet all or part of required minimum distribution (RMD)
- Gift not subject to charitable gift limitations
- Still benefit from reduced taxes if you do not itemize
Steps for Directing a Charitable IRA Rollover to Grounds For Sculpture
Contact your IRA plan administrator for their specific transmittal form to request a gift transfer from your IRA to Grounds For Sculpture. For 2019 credit, direct your plan administrator to make the transfer on or before December 31, 2018. Postmark must be no later than December 31, 2019. Inform Grounds For Sculpture of the designation of your gift by noting it at the bottom of your direction letter or by contacting Rhonda DiMascio at (609) 249-0233 or email@example.com.