Grounds For Sculpture is excited to offer short term volunteer opportunities for their Corporate Members. We believe volunteering together in an inspirational, healthy environment strengthens teamwork skills and creates lasting memories for coworkers, while supporting the non-profit sector.
By choosing to become a Corporate Member of GFS, your company has already made a commitment to support our organization. Volunteering with us will only strengthen that relationship.
Grounds For Sculpture is pleased to offer several volunteer opportunities for groups of 6-20 people.
Here’s an overview of available opportunities:
Volunteers work under the direction of the GFS Horticulturist, and tasks vary by season and weather may include:
- Deadheading roses or annuals
- Assist in greenhouse or chef’s garden
- Removing young saplings from The Meadow
- Planting annuals & bulbs
- Light pruning & watering container gardens
Volunteers work under the direction of the GFS Facilities Director, and task will vary by season, but could include:
- Sorting and organizing storage areas
- Power washing chairs used for events
- Assist with organizing and hanging holiday lights
Education & Engagement Department
Volunteers work with staff from the Education and Engagement Department and Manager of Volunteer Services to help with a variety of programs for GFS visitors. Specific positions vary by season and the needs of individual events. Details on programs will be provided to the group’s coordinator in advance, and a briefing on specific tasks will be provided at the start of volunteer shift. When scheduled, volunteers may be asked to assist with any of the following:
- Materials Prep for Special Projects
Volunteers will help organize, sort, and prepare materials for upcoming workshops and events. Examples include assembling art kits or organizing workshop materials.
- GFS Event Volunteers
Volunteers may help provide directions, greeting visitors, and other tasks as requested. Occasionally, these events may take place at an offsite location in the community, such as a library or mall.
Gallery and Park Guides
Volunteers with a basic knowledge of Grounds For Sculpture, and indoor Galleries, are able to assist with the following:
- Monitoring the outdoor areas of GFS, assisting guests, giving directions, answering questions
- Providing a friendly presence in designated indoor galleries to monitor exhibitions and assist guests as needed
- Assuring guests are enjoying the grounds safely and following Park Etiquette guidelines
- Conducting marketing surveys
SmART Cart: Where Science Meets ART
Volunteers use a mobile cart to engage guests in conversation on simple topics such as Peacocks, Stone Carving, and Lotus. All information and hands-on objects available to enhance interaction.