Sankofa Collaborative event
Following opening talks, this program will include a panel on African American cemeteries and a panel on African American historical monuments and markers. A wrap-up session will close the event.
9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Setting the Stage
- Dr. Linda J. Caldwell Epps, President and CEO of 1804 Consultants & Gary Garrido Schneider, Executive Director, Grounds For Sculpture
11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Cemeteries
- Beverly Mills & Elaine Buck (Stoutsburg Cemetery)
- Rev. Wanda Lundy (Siloam Hope Presbyterian Church)
- Algernon Ward (Locust Hill Cemetery)
- Guy Weston (Timbuctoo)
1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Monuments & Markers
- Gary Garrido Schneider (Grounds For Sculpture)
- Rev. Karen Johnston (Lost Souls Public Memorial Project)
- Fayemi Shakur (Arts & Cultural Affairs, Newark)
- Dan Swern (coLAB Arts)
3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: What’s Next
No pre-registration is required, however a $20 donation for attendance will be gratefully accepted! Click here to support Trent House Association.