Explore the wonder of Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) through free walk-in tours, available daily starting from our Welcome Center. These unique, intimate guided experiences are offered on a first-come, first serve basis and led by experienced GFS docents.
Tours are subject to cancellation at any time due to inclement weather or guide availability. Guests may call (609) 586-0616 on the day of their visit to confirm the schedule.
Throughout the year, GFS invites visitors to join us for exclusive tours including access to The Seward Johnson Atelier and after-hours moonlight tours of GFS. These ticketed events can be found on our calendar.
- Outdoor tours are sculpture centered and explore different facets of our 42-acres.
- Tours are typically offered hourly from 11:00 AM until 2:00 PM each day. Other times may be available on busy days and summer weekends.
- Guests may sign up for these 45-60 minute experiences at the INFO Desk in the Welcome Center upon arrival. As each docent and tour plan is unique, guests can take multiple tours and have a new experience each time.
- Indoor tours of special exhibitions are available across the GFS campus depending on each exhibition’s schedule and content.
- These 30 minute tours are typically offered mid-day.
- Guests interested in learning more or signing up for these experiences are encouraged to inquire at the INFO desk in the Welcome Center.
- HortiSculpture tours explore the relationship between the art and landscape of GFS.
- Over the course of 75 minutes, specially trained docents provide information on the science of individual plants while guiding participants’ exploration of select works on view.
- These tours are available every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday at 10:30 AM, May through October.
- Guests can sign up at the INFO Desk in the Welcome Center to participate.
- Tour size is limited to maximize the guest experience.
Touch and Access Mobile Tours
- Touch Tours are available for groups comprised of visitors with visual impairments.
- These tours feature a variety of outdoor sculptures that can be explored by touch with careful guidance and support from a specially trained docent.
- For more information or to arrange a Touch Tour, please contact our Group Visit Coordinator at (609) 249-0200.
ACCESS MOBILE TOURS
Advanced reservations for Access Mobile Tours are recommended and can be made by calling (609) 586-0616.
- For individuals with limited mobility, Access Mobile Tours are 45 minutes in length and led by GFS Accessibility Assistants on an ADA-rated vehicle that can accommodate wheelchairs.
- These tours are free with admission and available daily from 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Tours begin and end at the Welcome Center.
- Guests should arrive at least 15 minutes before for their scheduled tour.