Careers at GFS
- Installation/deinstallation, packing and unpacking of artwork, local & regional shipping, loading/unloading of trucks, and any other duties that are required related to incoming and outgoing artwork.
- Building crates, pedestals, exhibit furniture or other mounts or design components as needed.
- Maintaining gallery lighting and inspecting lighting regularly outdoors. Replacing bulbs as needed.
- Minor electrical wiring for custom exhibition components.
- Ongoing care and minor conservation of works in the permanent collection. Assist the Director of Collections and Exhibitions Management with carrying out the objectives outlined in the Conservation Plan.
- Regular monitoring, inspecting, and cleaning the works on view and assisting in the training of the admissions/security and volunteer staff.
- Inventorying and replacing outdoor signage/artwork identification labels.
- Maintains storage areas, updates inventories of exhibit props and furniture and keeps ?adequate related supplies on hand.
- Assisting the Curatorial team with future exhibition planning and scheduling. Conducting site visits to artists’ studios or other off-site locations.
- Minimally 3-4 years of experience handling a variety of artwork in diverse mediums.
- Positive attitude with a “can-do” sense of teamwork.
- Strong carpentry experience.
- Comfortable with power tools such as drills and saws.
- Forklift certification is a plus.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs and to push large weights on dollies and pallet jacks.
- Fundamental understanding of rigging, framing/mounting works on paper, and minor ?electrical work.
- Comfortable with heights using ladders, scaffolding, and aerial lifts.
- Ability to crouch, kneel, bend, climb, extend, stand for long periods of time on hard surfaces and to
- Occasionally work in extreme climate conditions as needed for installations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with Google Sketchup or similar programs is desired by not required.
Deadline for Applicants: Friday, July 31, 2015
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Download GFS Employment Application|
Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) has a position opening for a Full Time Manager, Membership. The Membership Manager is responsible for the overall program management, recruitment, acknowledgement, renewal, and stewardship of Grounds For Sculpture’s 4000+ members and donors. This position includes leading the development and implementation of membership strategies, performing the tasks and meeting the goals laid out in GFS’ overall development plan. Strategies include the implementation of new and improved membership benefits, levels, events and programs to increase membership participation and enhance membership experiences. The Membership Manager will report to the Director of Development and be part of the GFS Development team. He/she will work with the development staff on multiple fundraising initiatives (fundraisers, sponsorships, grants, donor cultivation activities) that help support GFS’ mission and financial goals.
- Develop and implement traditional fundraising techniques and new initiatives to acquire new members
- Ensures high quality records management and customer service for existing and potential members in GFS’ database, Altru; prepare quarterly reports on membership status
- Assist in the preparation and management of membership department budget; and create annual action plan that build on existing programs as well as new initiatives which will increase member participation and enhance member experiences
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department on the development of membership information delivery and collateral material – including e-mail, e-blasts, newsletters, opening invitations, brochures and other publications and mailings
- Researches, coordinates and attends all GFS Member Adventure trips (day-long and extended)
- Work with Development Director on GFS’ annual fundraiser, The Epicurean Palette
- Manages the GFS Members Lounge (scheduling coverage, tracking attendance, managing library, and overseeing facility needs)
- Coordinates all aspects of Exhibition openings, Member Preview and New Members Day with multiple GFS departments and food services
- In collaboration with the Manager of Corporate Engagement, plan new strategies for expanding corporate membership base (GFS Corporate Partner Program), and seek new sources of funding from the business community for GFS programs through formal and informal research, networking, etc.
- Work with the Membership Assistant to ensure the accuracy of member records, to maintain and expand the database of potential members and member recognition; provide supervision to the Membership Assistant
- Solicit, research and analyze new membership prospects through speaking engagements, community presentations, and private meetings
- Write and coordinate the quarterly newsletter, Newscasting; developing theme and content; coordinate with graphic designer and work with mailhouse
- Work with Manager of Volunteer Services to assign tasks to GFS volunteers in conjunction with new member recruitment, and other membership tasks
- Bachelor’s degree required; 3-5 years’ membership and/or development experience in arts related field preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literate and technologically proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point)
- Database management experience and knowledge of fundraising software preferred
- Familiar with a variety of non-profit development concepts, practices and procedures
- Adept at multitasking – highly organized, with great attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, volunteers, Board and staff
- Ability to analyze statistical and technical data
- Excellent writing and speaking ability and strong interpersonal skills
Deadline for Applicants: Tuesday, July 24, 2015
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Requirements to email@example.com
|Download GFS Employment Application|
Part-time position reports directly to the Corporate Engagement Associate. The Events Concierge will be responsible to be trained and provide tours to on a wide variety of topics related to Grounds For Sculpture including the history, evolution of self-sufficiency in 2015, membership and sponsorship opportunities, special events and brief overview of a select number of sculptures. Event Concierge positions become available periodically thoughout the season. Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide historic overview and tours of GFS, rental/membership opportunities, sponsorships and orientation of GFS
- Direct guests as needed and answer GFS related questions.
- Work with the Development Department to meet outreach goals and objectives.
- Adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the corporate and private events.
- Attend staff meetings as needed to keep up to date with operations, discuss calendar events, policy, past issues for resolution and potential needs to assure a smooth event.
- Attend periodic trainings to keep up to date with GFS exhibitions, policies and offerings.
- Aide in overseeing private and tour groups to ensure guest, sculpture and building safety.
- Communicate and work with tour groups to provide concierge services, greet busses, lead groups through GFS, and provide historic overview tours.
- All other duties as assigned related to private and corporate events.
- Associate’s Degree
- 1 or more years work related experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work nights, weekends, mornings
- Valid Drivers license
- Ability to attend off campus meetings and events
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills required
Download the GFS Employment Application PDF below, fill out using Acrobat Reader and email to email@example.com.
|Download GFS Employment Application|
Internships are open to college and graduate students interested in pursuing experience in a museum setting in their particular field. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter indicating availability and areas of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.