Careers at GFS
Manager, Guest Services
Reports directly to the Director, Operations. The Manager, Guest Services will be responsible to serve as Grounds For Sculpture's primary liaison with the public leading the Guest Service team in providing a welcoming, responsive and exceptional first impression to our visitors. Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a strong leader with a confident public presence that has strong organizational, technical and customer service skills, is highly detail oriented, responsible and flexible. Candidates must possess excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, be capable of carrying out a wide array of duties, and work well in a team environment. The position will require the candidate to work weekends and be available to work flexible hours, when necessary, during peak season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversees all operations regarding the admission department functions. Fills in as necessary for absent employees.
Works with Coordinator of Volunteer Services to schedule for training for desk/shop functions, and certifies them as fit for assigned areas.
Handles all interactions with insurance company for accident reports.
Manage the Guest Services Department Staff and Assistant Managers, Guest Services
Manage and Develop the hiring, training, 90 day and annual evaluationsOversight and implementation of Guest Services departmental policies, projects and goals
Develop, implement and maintain procedures for admission ticketing system through AltruWork collaboratively with Finance and IT department to ensure terminal set-up, reliable operability, maintenance and hardware to facilitate ticketing and reporting needs
Review closing of daily POS drawers, securing daily proceeds
Work collaboratively with Human Resources to oversee all personnel- related issues including staff scheduling, staff assignments, internal communication, conduct, discipline and assessment
Handle visitor concerns, comments and complaints to resolution
Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the mission, activities, services, programs and exhibitions available. In addition, continuously communicate to the Guest Services staff and public
Prepares, monitors and administers the annual department budget; including development of annual admissions projections using relevant budget and admissions data with input from Director, Operations and CFO
Analyzes, identifies and monitors admission sales trends and ticket trends
Work with the Director, Operations to implement and conduct periodic reviews of all security and emergency procedures
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, staff, volunteers and the public
All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with course work in business or arts administration, hospitality, management, marketing or a related field or discipline
- Minimum 4-7 years of progressive leadership responsibility, supervisory or management capacity, preferably in a nonprofit museum sector
- Working knowledge of database centered POS systems, credit card machines and office equipment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Outlook, Altru
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/31/2014.
|Download GFS Employment Application|
Position reports directly to the Manager, Corporate Events. The Events Concierge will be responsible to be trained and provide tours to on a wide variety of topics related to Grounds For Sculpture including the history, evolution of self-sufficiency in 2015, membership and sponsorship opportunities, special events and brief overview of a select number of sculptures. Event Concierge positions become available periodically thoughout the season. Resumes should be sent to email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide historic overview and tours of GFS, rental/membership opportunities, sponsorships and orientation of GFS
- Direct guests as needed and answer GFS related questions.
- Work with the Development Department to meet outreach goals and objectives.
- Adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the corporate and private events.
- Attend staff meetings as needed to keep up to date with operations, discuss calendar events, policy, past issues for resolution and potential needs to assure a smooth event.
- Attend periodic trainings to keep up to date with GFS exhibitions, policies and offerings
- Aide in overseeing private and tour groups to ensure guest, sculpture and building safety
- Communicate and work with tour groups to provide concierge services, greet busses, lead groups through GFS, and provide historic overview tours
- Work with Marketing Department and Manager, Corporate Engagement to fulfill tours sold as part of holiday and special event packages.
- All other duties as assigned related to private and corporate events.
- Associate’s Degree
- 1 or more years work related experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work nights, weekends, mornings
- Valid Drivers license
- Ability to attend off campus meetings and events
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills required
Download the GFS Employment Application PDF below, fill out using Acrobat Reader and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Download GFS Employment Application|
Internships are open to college and graduate students interested in pursuing experience in a museum setting in their particular field. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter indicating availability and areas of interest to email@example.com.