Careers at GFS
Download the GFS Employment Application PDF below, fill out using Acrobat Reader and email to email@example.com with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
|Download GFS Employment Application|
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a full-time Graphic Designer to create compelling visuals for print and online, fulfill internal and external photo requests, manage production calendars and digital assets, and more. You’ll work under exhaustive deadlines, typically have at least 12 plates in the air, and be asked to jump between projects as if your life depended on it. If you use Adobe CC like a Shaolin Warrior and read Communication Arts like it’s your life manual, read on.
The Graphic Designer works closely with and under the direction of the Director of Marketing to design graphics and visuals for the organization, for both digital and print applications. The Graphic Designer adheres to established brand standards while bringing a fresh contemporary perspective. They are also responsible for assisting in the implementation of the overall marketing and audience development plan for Grounds For Sculpture. The emphasis of this position is on graphic design for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and production of collateral including event guides, postcards, brochures, posters, flyers, Museum Store merchandise, etc.
- Work directly with printers for above production, including RFQs, scheduling, file prep, flight check, etc.
- Design of print and online advertising
- Provide images for press and/or internal requests by request.
- Manage design requests from varied departments and schedule time appropriately
- Proofing and editing all received content for accuracy, consistency, and cross-promotion
- Create web graphics for GFS site as needed.
- Design and send e-blasts through Constant Contact, manage e-blast calendar and distribution lists.
- Photograph and/or video select GFS events and activities for inclusion on web, marketing materials, social media, etc.
- Support other departments with file conversions/creation as requested
- Active team player in marketing department, generating ideas and acting as sounding board re: marketing and advertising initiatives
- Represent the organization at meetings of local chambers, trade shows, etc. as needed
- Graphic design expertise
- Must be creative and innovative with a solid visual aesthetic and ability to maintain established brand standards and visual identity
- Outstanding organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are required
- Strong team player
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work on multiple projects under rigorous deadlines simultaneously
- Knowledge of new media, digital technologies, and current design trends across digital and print platforms
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in a related position
- Mastery of Adobe CS products, with emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook while meeting or exceeding deadlines in a high-volume environment
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience working in a non-profit arts environment preferred
Deadline for Applicants: Monday, September 12, 2016
Candidates must send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered:
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Samples of digital and print work, including multi-page brochures, logos, sell sheets, and rack cards. Bonus points for examples of hand-drawn and digital illustration.
Director of Guest Services
The Director of Guest Services reports directly to the Executive Director and serves as a member of the senior management team. The Director of Guest Services will be responsible to serve as a leader and advocate for innovative approaches in both museum and guest service experience at Grounds For Sculpture. The Director of Guest Services will serve as the primary liaison with the public supervising, coordinating and leading the Guest Services management team in providing a welcoming, responsive and exceptional first impression to our visitors.
The Guest Services department is comprised of a total of 37 employees that include full time, part time and seasonal staff serving 230,000 plus visitors annually. Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a strong leader with a confident public presence that has strong organizational, technical and customer service skills, is highly detail oriented, responsible and flexible.
Candidates must possess excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, be capable of carrying out a wide array of duties, and work well in a team environment. The position will require the candidate to work weekends and be available to work flexible hours, when necessary, during peak season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to serve as a leader and advocate for innovative approaches in museum and guest services experience
- Responsible for supervising, coordinating and evaluating the work of the Managers of Guest Services and Manager of Events as well as leading and supporting the evaluation, hiring and training of all Guest Services staff, interns and volunteers
- Design, develop and implement Guest Services experience for the organization
- Actively participate in long range planning for the Guest Services department as well as institution wide strategic planning
- Representative of GFS to members, special constituencies, partners and general public
- Cultivate community and professional partnerships to advance GFS work
- Responsible for the development, management and oversight of the departmental budget, the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly attendance and revenue reports, as well as other reporting and goal-setting requirements
- Oversight and implementation of short-term and long-term Guest Services departmental policies, projects and goals
- Work collaboratively with Finance and IT department to ensure terminal set-up, reliable operability, maintenance and hardware to facilitate ticketing and reporting needs
- Proactively research and adopt new technology to ensure continued relevancy and efficiency with regards to operational systems including but not limited to on-line ticket sales, reporting and analytics
- Handle visitor concerns, comments and complaints to resolution. Work closely with other departments to implement visitor surveys and audience research studies
- Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the mission, activities, services, programs and exhibitions available. In addition, continuously communicate to Guest Service staff and public
- Analyzes, identifies and monitors admission sales trends and ticket trends; Prepare annual admissions projects and statistical reports using relevant budget and admission data; Assemble and analyze relevant data, and prepare and deliver reports, detailing Guest Service activities to the senior management team and the board of trustees
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, staff, volunteers and the public
- Responsible for implementing and overseeing internal communication, conduct, discipline, assessments, and staffing programs. Ensure that all Guest Service staff maintain excellent customer service standards and adhere to policies, systems and procedures
- Oversee the development and coordination of all job-specific training and on-going education programs for the Guest Service staff, including incorporating knowledgeable and appropriate background material in coordination with Curatorial staff.
- Works collaboratively with CFO in handling all insurance claims and interactions
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with course work in business or arts administration, hospitality, management, marketing or a related field or discipline
- Minimum 4-7 years of progressive leadership responsibility, customer service, supervisory or management capacity, preferably in a nonprofit museum and/or public garden sector
- Working knowledge of database centered POS systems, credit card machines and office equipment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Outlook, & Altru
Sales Associate, Museum Shop
Our part-time (average of 18 hours per week, maximum of 25 hours per week) Sales Associates are responsible for: providing customer service excellence (and recovery, when required); handling of sales transactions and register; stocking and display upkeep; knowledge of the facility and key products in the store, and other duties as required. As the face of the Museum Shop, they help to ensure that our guests are treated with importance and have a wonderful time during their visit to the sculpture garden.
- Actively greets all customers who enter the shop while ensuring high quality customer service and overall experience
- Responsible for handling sales and register functions
- Active role in contributing to the overall store goals, while meeting individual set goals
- Learns and communicates all inventory “stories” related to merchandise in a mission-oriented manner
- Learns key facts about GFS to share with guests or answer questions as relevant
- Promote memberships and special events at Grounds For Sculpture
- Perform all other duties as requested
- High school degree
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Altru (a plus)
- 1 year of retail experience; cash handling experience
Must be able to work flexible hours including; evenings, weekends, holidays and rotating shifts to support the store
Traffic Assistant, Guest Services
Part-time position reports directly to the Assistant Managers, Guest Services. The Traffic Assistant, Guest Services is responsible for directing the parking and traffic at GFS during our high season. This team will work independently to ensure the safety of visitors and organization of cars and will report all parking updates through the day to the rest of the Guest Service Staff and Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with parking and directing visitors cars at GFS
- Provide accurate information, directions and superior customer service
- Organize parking in a strategic orderly system
- Communicate regularly with management
- Manage directing traffic and the change of parking locations based on availability in all parking lots
- Oversee safety of artwork and public space outdoors
- Attend morning meetings and keep up to date on daily events happening at GFS
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- 1 or more years work related experience in a related field
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, holidays and be flexible with schedule; willing to work in various temperatures
- Proven exceptional customer service skills, organization and attention to detail
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic computer knowledge
Internships are open to college and graduate students interested in pursuing experience in a museum setting in their particular field. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter indicating availability and areas of interest to email@example.com.