Careers at GFS
Position reports directly to the Manager, Corporate Events. The Events Concierge will be responsible to be trained and provide tours to on a wide variety of topics related to Grounds For Sculpture including the history, evolution of self-sufficiency in 2015, membership and sponsorship opportunities, special events and brief overview of a select number of sculptures. Event Concierge positions become available periodically thoughout the season. Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide historic overview and tours of GFS, rental/membership opportunities, sponsorships and orientation of GFS
- Direct guests as needed and answer GFS related questions.
- Work with the Development Department to meet outreach goals and objectives.
- Adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the corporate and private events.
- Attend staff meetings as needed to keep up to date with operations, discuss calendar events, policy, past issues for resolution and potential needs to assure a smooth event.
- Attend periodic trainings to keep up to date with GFS exhibitions, policies and offerings
- Aide in overseeing private and tour groups to ensure guest, sculpture and building safety
- Communicate and work with tour groups to provide concierge services, greet busses, lead groups through GFS, and provide historic overview tours
- Work with Marketing Department and Manager, Corporate Engagement to fulfill tours sold as part of holiday and special event packages.
- All other duties as assigned related to private and corporate events.
- Associate’s Degree
- 1 or more years work related experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work nights, weekends, mornings
- Valid Drivers license
- Ability to attend off campus meetings and events
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills required
Download the GFS Employment Application PDF below, fill out using Acrobat Reader and email to email@example.com.
|Download GFS Employment Application|
Internships are open to college and graduate students interested in pursuing experience in a museum setting in their particular field. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter indicating availability and areas of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.