Careers at GFS
Grounds For Sculpture is currently hiring for the following full-time position: Maintenance Technician, Facilities.
Monitor and remediate safety concerns in the park
Order parts, supplies, and equipment from suppliers or catalogs
Set-up/break-down in house functions and private events
General cleaning/porting of bathrooms and event facilities
Coordinate and oversee the work of contractors to ensure work is performed as specified
Respond to emergency maintenance requests and alarms as required
All other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience preferred in similar position
- General HVAC knowledge
- General Electrical knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively; team player
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills to manage shop functions
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Outlook
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time position reports directly to the Corporate Engagement Associate. The Events Concierge will be responsible to be trained and provide tours to on a wide variety of topics related to Grounds For Sculpture including the history, evolution of self-sufficiency in 2015, membership and sponsorship opportunities, special events and brief overview of a select number of sculptures. Event Concierge positions become available periodically thoughout the season. Resumes should be sent to email@example.com. We will contact you when positions become available.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide historic overview and tours of GFS, rental/membership opportunities, sponsorships and orientation of GFS
- Direct guests as needed and answer GFS related questions.
- Work with the Development Department to meet outreach goals and objectives.
- Adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the corporate and private events.
- Attend staff meetings as needed to keep up to date with operations, discuss calendar events, policy, past issues for resolution and potential needs to assure a smooth event.
- Attend periodic trainings to keep up to date with GFS exhibitions, policies and offerings.
- Aide in overseeing private and tour groups to ensure guest, sculpture and building safety.
- Communicate and work with tour groups to provide concierge services, greet busses, lead groups through GFS, and provide historic overview tours.
- All other duties as assigned related to private and corporate events.
- Associate’s Degree
- 1 or more years work related experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work nights, weekends, mornings
- Valid Drivers license
- Ability to attend off campus meetings and events
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills required
Download the GFS Employment Application PDF below, fill out using Acrobat Reader and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Download GFS Employment Application|
Internships are open to college and graduate students interested in pursuing experience in a museum setting in their particular field. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter indicating availability and areas of interest to email@example.com.